Two Belts and a Beer

Just completed two belts for costuming.

The first one is for belly dancing. The backing is a richly textured rust corduroy like material on which was laid a yellow satin.  Alternating fringe and matching trim were all hand sewn to this base and some coins were laced through the longer trim.

Read More»

SteamPunk Bustle for TempleCon

Manuela has been invited to dance at a local convention called TempleCon and the motif is steampunk.  She asked me to create a bustle for the outfit she had in mind.

Read More»

Black Widow Burlesque

This costume was concepted back in early summer and pretty much completed in a leisurely couple of months because it was slated to be used for a Halloween burlesque gig.

Read More»

Ghoul Costume with Wings

Mick wanted a costume for Halloween belly-dance activities that included wings.

Read More»

Part 2 Duct Tape Dress Form Saga

A week later, I managed to return to finish the dress form. The cardboard form was translated into a piece of 3/16″ luan. This was taped to the bottom sealing that end. This time, I carefully stuffed the dress form keeping an eye on the dimensions. Amazingly enough, I ended up using about a third less material than on the original stuffing.

Read More»

Part 1 Duct Tape Dress Form Saga

Today we made a duct tape sewing dressform and it came out pretty good. Three rolls of 60 foot duct tape, a cheap t-shirt and a little time got it done. I initially heard about this from a group of SCA friends and was intrigued. I certainly would love to have a dress form of my wife that emulates her unique shape. That and that it costs a lot less than a generic fall apart model cinched the idea. A little research on the web showed that it not an unknown concept and so after some reading and planning, off we went.

Read More»
© Copyright Rick Sardinha - Theme by Pexeto