I recently joined the IGMA, International Guild of Miniature Artisans. It will be two years before I can even apply for artisan membership, so i might as well get started. Oil on 100 percent cotton. 2.5 x 3 3/8 inches .
Recent artwork for upcoming video game, Alpha Bubble Challenge.
Forever indebted to Robert E. Howard for introducing me to the concept of undead warriors. Recent digital cover for upcoming rpg book, Dice or Die.
Recently completed digital piece for Pagan Publishing’s, Call of Cthulhu, Horrors of War, rpg game. WW1 vs the Cthulhu mythos!!
I had a mask that I created awhile back that ended in an odd way. As I was creating, I was also trying a bunch of ideas on it. The procedures went along fine and I gained some new insights. The parts however ended up better than the whole. It was painted, sealed and left stored out of the way, not really happy with it. I figured, I could always cannibalize the horns or other various bits in service of something else.
Months floated by an idea of what to do with it came to roost. So back onto the work table. Some power tools and a lick of paint later and Manuela now has a new mask. Paper and acrylic paint.
Lots of time and a bucket of creative hurdles but it got done anyway!
A simplified step by step of encasing an ear to prepare it for silicone mold.
What with the buckets of fun life has been throwing at me, I finally found the time to stop dodging and actually get back to work on this project. I like starting early on things as something always gets in the way. This isn’t actually needed till late November but y’all know how that goes. Anyway, I finished the sculpt.
Casting the ears was going to be a real mess considering how I was planning on casting up the mask so I needed to get them off. However, it is so warm, the clay is terribly soft. Attempting to remove the ears would deform them way too much and I would lose the good fit needed at construction time. So I tossed that problem into the dark room in my brain where the things skitter about afraid of the light when I open the door. Several hours later, a note was slipped under the door with an invoice. It read: refrigerator in cellar. Yes! So I placed the sculpt into the unused fridge in cellar and plugged it in. Next day it was rock hard.
I was able to cut the ears free from the form and the rest of sculpt with barely minimal damage. Yay! I then set up sculpt for ease of construction later on with base areas to replace where ears sit and built a dam wall for silicone that will be covering it all very soon. More to come but right now I have to find a way to pay this damned invoice.
Welcome to my site! Or, what is left of it. I am having to start from scratch, again, after my previous service provider mucked up, again, for the last time.
It is a small loss as I have always been fairly non committed to the idea of being plugged in. Luddite blood flows thick through my veins. WordPress seems easy and I shall do what i can. In any case, this is an opportunity for me to forge ahead into new frontiers, web-wise. My plan is to relegate the past to where it belongs and bang on the things that please me most in the present. Hopefully, they will make you smile too. Stay tuned.